Zyxel offers warranty to the original end user (purchaser) that the product is free from any material or workmanship defects for a specific period (the Warranty Period) from the date of purchase. The Warranty Period varies by regions. Please click the link of each country for more detail.
Zyxel guarantees the product is free from any defects in materials or workmanship under normal and proper use for the warranty period from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase and the complete serial number are required for warranty service. If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, Zyxel will repair or replace the defective parts or products with new or refurbished parts or products that are equivalent or superior to the original.
Zyxel shall bear all expense for technical repair, including shipping fees to the customer-provided return location within the customer warranty claim, but not shipment fees from the customer to the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) collection point. All local laws and regulations shall be followed and covered by local Zyxel Service Providers.
In cases in which Zyxel replaces the parts or product, the defective part(s) or product from the customer will automatically become the property of Zyxel. The replacement product is covered by the remaining warranty period for the original product, respecting the service turn-around time and legal regulations per country.
Zyxel has the right to update or modify the product and delete all configurations from customers during the repair process to guarantee the product is up to date with the latest release versions. Zyxel shall not be liable for the permanent loss or damage of customer data.
Warranty service by Zyxel does not extend or renew the warranty period of the product. The warranty period does not renew when the product is resold to a second end-user. If the customer has requested repair of a product that is out of warranty, Zyxel will charge the repair cost and the customer must pay two-way freight costs. Zyxel has sole discretion to handle the request for the out of warranty product.
Zyxel’s warranty only covers the hardware portion during the warranty period under normal usage. It does not apply to software, accessories, or customer-induced damages or circumstances, such as the following:
- The product is out of warranty or has no evidence (e.g., receipt, invoice) to prove the product is within warranty.
- The SN label on the product is lost, damaged, or hard to identify.
- The product fails due to damage from shipment.
- Using the product without following the manual or a defect caused by accident (e.g., abnormal operation, surge, crash, impact, use with an incorrect voltage, liquid spillage, improper power supply).
- Damage caused by force majeure, such as floods, fire, earthquake, lightning strike, typhoon, or other disasters.
- Hardware modified or repaired by someone other than Zyxel or Zyxel-authorized personnel.
- Damage that does not impact operation or function of the product, such as cosmetic damage and normal wear.
Notes on RMA
- a)Returned products must be packaged properly to avoid damage during delivery. Zyxel has no responsibility for any damage incurred during shipping or delivery of the product.
- b)Please do not ship anything other than the RMA products. Please remove any accessories, Zyxel shall have no liability for the loss, damage, or destruction of such items.
- c)If replacement is required, the supplied item will be either a refurbished unit or a new unit, depending on availability. The customer shall not make a claim regarding the appearance of the replacement.
- d)The shipping fees to Zyxel are the responsibility of the customer. Zyxel shall pay shipment fees to return repaired or replaced items to the customer.
- e)The RMA unit must be sent with the RMA number on the outside of the packaging and enclose a copy of the RMA form inside. If the unit is returned without an RMA number, the unit will not be accepted.
- f)Returned products must be sent to the Zyxel Service Center provided in the RMA request confirmation document. This document will be provided from the RMA center on RMA request.
- g)Customers submit the required information (name, contact information, product purchase certificate, problem description, MAC address). If Zyxel determines that any information is incorrect or the product received does not match, the product will be discarded or returned at the customer’s expense. By submitting an RMA request, the customer accepts all terms of the product warranty.
- h)Please describe the defect clearly and completely. The repair engineer will repair the defect as described. The product will also be tested to ensure it is in proper working order.
- i)If the fault cannot be repaired, a replacement will be distributed. If an identical model is not available, an equivalent model will be sent in its place.
- j)The customer will receive notification of the product RMA number, shipping date, and tracking number.
Please contact the local RMA service team with any questions.
Zyxel reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to interpret, modify, and amend this warranty policy at any time.