Zyxel unveils brand-new Nebula SD-WAN
Flexible software-defined WAN solution satisfies growing demand for networks catering to distributed sites and users
Hsinchu, Taiwan, 17 October 2018—Zyxel Communications today announced Nebula SD-WAN, a software-defined wide area network solution that delivers enterprises higher-performance WANs at a lower cost.
Offered through the new Nebula Orchestrator, the latest member of Zyxel’s Nebula cloud service family, this agile solution for unified network management provides tangible improvements to user experience, alleviating call dropouts, offering stable and secure connections, and allowing centralized management.
Nebula Orchestrator is Zyxel’s portal to cloud-based SD-WAN and security services.
“Whereas most businesses’ networks used to be self-contained in their offices, they now stretch out to data centers, MSPs, and the cloud,” said Inchen Lin, AVP of Zyxel’s SD-WAN Business Center. “Even with approaches like MPLS, these WANs haven’t kept up with the demands of modern businesses.
“Today, companies need WANs that have the speed and reliability of a local network. Nebula SD-WAN delivers this in a flexible, affordable package, unleashing instantly noticeable improvements to performance and increasing the productivity of users network-wide.”
Instant boost to price–performance balance
Nebula SD-WAN provides highly responsive answers to problems faced by internet-dependent businesses. It elevates security and connection performance, using WAN optimization and dynamic path selection to eliminate downtime, prevent dropout on phone and video calls, and shore up connections at sites that lack stable internet access.
Nebula Orchestrator works with Zyxel’s VPN50/100/300 products, which can be bundled with the SD-WAN Pack License. This pack includes zero-touch provisioning and AutoVPN, which can eliminate the need for on-site IT personnel. Other key advantages include:
- Simplicity: The SD-WAN solution provides centralized management and an intuitive user-friendly interface.
- Reliability: Dynamic path selection bolsters quality of service, instantly switching to a stronger connection when the transmission speed dips.
- Security: Connection security is ensured with VPNs, firewalls, anomaly detection and prevention, App Patrol, Geo Enforcer, and content filtering.
- Insight: Traffic analysis provides a comprehensive overview of user behavior, with breakdowns for applications, websites, and more to guide your priority and security decision-making.
- Flexibility: NebulaFlexTM allows users to easily switch between standalone mode and orchestrator management.
Businesses can renew the SD-WAN Pack after the bundled license expires. Alternatively, those seeking orchestrated management without advanced SD-WAN can revert to the Management Pack License. This pack uses Nebula Orchestrator to deliver zero-touch provisioning, VPN, firewall, and more but excludes some SD-WAN functionality and other features, such as App Patrol and content filtering.
|Services and features||Management Pack License||SD-WAN Pack License|
|Dynamic path selection|
|Other features (e.g., VPN and firewall)|
|Monitoring page update frequency||Low||High|
|Storage of log/monitoring data||Past 7/1 day(s)||Past 396/30 days|
For more information, visit: https://il.zyxel.com/solutions/SD-WAN-20181008-961167.shtml
About Zyxel Communications
Focused on innovation and customer-centric technology and service, Zyxel Communications has been connecting people to the Internet for nearly 30 years. Our ability to adapt and innovate with networking technology places us at the forefront of the drive to create connectivity for telcos and service providers as well as businesses and home users.
- 150 markets served
- 1,500 passionate associates
- 700,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections
Today, Zyxel is building the networks of tomorrow, unlocking potential, and meeting the needs of the modern workplace — powering people at work, life, and play.
Zyxel, Your Networking Ally.